As members of Neshaminy Warwick Presbyterian Church, we are called to serve, not to be served. We support mission efforts by involvement and financial support locally, regionally, nationally, and worldwide that focus on basic human needs.
- Providing book bags filled with supplies in August for children at Crossroads Church & Oxford Circle Community Center.
- Providing support to “A Woman’s Place” – a safe haven for sheltered women & children.
- Providing food, shelter and staffing for the homeless in Bucks County during winter months as part of Operation Code Blue, in partnership with Bucks County Housing Group.
- Providing casseroles for the homeless through St. Francis Inn in the Kensington area of Philadelphia. Twice per year.
- Providing Christmas in a shoebox, through our Sunday School program, for third world children as part of Samaritan’s Purse – Operation Christmas Child.
- Partner church in support of Apartment 7 with the Bucks County Housing group
- Women’s Association supports St. Francis Inn each year with school backpacks, Easter baskets & does Blanket Sunday fundraiser in conjunction with Presbyterian mission programs.
Major Mission Initiatives
Crossroads Church – located in North Philadelphia (26th St. & 6th Ave.) – 60% of the residents are below the federal poverty level. They serve 300 – 400 local youth with sports programs & use their church as a safe place for them to gather. Pastor Juan’s goal is to make the neighborhood safer for children & their families.
West Kensington Ministries – located at Norris Square, Philadelphia – the center of the city’s & nation’s opioid drug crisis. Ministers to residents who live in the nations 4th hungriest neighborhood. Pastor Adan’s goal is to have the church be a safe place for local residents. They operate a recording studio & silk screening business to teach youth & members the principles of business, and to provide an income stream to support their activities geared at building up their neighborhood.
Oxford Circle Community Center – provides before & after school programs for 125 children in Northeast Philadelphia. Provides adult classes for English as a second language for local residents.
All three benefit from annual: backpack program for back to school, Christmas gift card collection & annual food drive.
Adult Mission Trips
Local – “Rebuilding Philadelphia” – Adult mission team does weekend construction projects in conjunction with project managers from “Rebuilding Philadelphia” in the poorest neighborhoods in the city, working on rehabbing homes that have fallen into disrepair to bring them back to acceptable standards.
National – Adult mission team has traveled to New Orleans, Memphis, Florida, New Jersey & North Carolina, working in conjunction with project managers from Baptist Church after major disasters to help to rebuild those areas. These trips are usually about a one week commitment.
Throughout the year, a loving and caring group of individuals minister to others in the congregation by taking worship flowers to house-bound members, visiting the bed-ridden, and arranging and coordinating church events.The deacons sponsor our Annual Advent Dinner to open each year’s Advent Season with food, fellowship, Christmas carols & a visit from Santa.
The Concern Center is staffed by dedicated helpers who provide transportation, meals & assistance to those in need. If you can occasionally provide a meal, drive someone to their destination or provide some time to relieve a caregiver, please call Joanne Cochran (215-290-0079) to offer your assistance.