We enjoy having children of all ages learn about God’s grace and love for them. During the school year we provide a Sunday School Program that includes toddlers, ages 3-4 through grades 5.
To encourage children at an early age to take part in in our worship services with their family, we begin worship with children ages 4 and older joining us in the sanctuary during the 9:00 a.m. service. We believe it is important for even our youngest children to experience Sunday worship and understand that they are part of the body of Christ, too. Don’t worry, we know young attention spans can be short, so after 10-15 minutes of singing and worship, the children are invited to come forward for the children’s sermon. After the Children’s sermon, approximately 15 minutes into the service, they meet their Sunday School teachers in the back of the Sanctuary to go to their Sunday School classes.
Families enter the sanctuary for the 9am service. Children are seated with their parents for the first part of the service.
To meet your child’s teacher, please stop by before the service or when your child leaves the Sanctuary. Following their Sunday School lesson, the children gather together to sing from 10am until 10:15. Each month they learn a special song that they will sing one Sunday during worship.
In the summer children attend church with their parents. After the children’s sermon children from 3 years old -4th grade are dismissed to organized activities.
However, our activities don’t end with Sunday School. We encourage them to take part in the special activities below.
- Junior Youth Group, grades 2 through 5, meets the second Sunday of the month at 6pm for a Bible lesson, craft and games. We also have a special activity once a month (Halloween Party, Easter Egg Hunt, Beach Party, Mother’s Day celebration, Summer Kick off picnic). We often combine these events with our older youth group and sometimes they are family events.
- During the Easter season, we hold an Easter Egg hunt open to the whole community. Kids love to search for hidden eggs on our large grounds. Candy and lots of great prizes for all!
- During the summer, we have Vacation Bible School (VBS) where all kids from ages 3 years to grade 6 learn about God. Each year our VBS has a different theme for the week. In the past we have walked through an ancient Biblical marketplace, explored the jungle, and wandered through castles, just to name a few. The theme is carried out with decorations, crafts, snacks, games, and awesome music!
- Each year we celebrate the birth of Jesus with Nativity Night, an outdoor Christmas pageant, complete with live animals. We invite the community to join us and share some cookies and cocoa after the show.
Below is a list of dates and times of upcoming Children’s Events
- September 9th, 4:30pm – 7pm – All Youth Group Kick-off Family Road Rally Cook Out
- October 14th, 6pm – 7pm – Jr Youth Group (grades 2-5)
- October 28th, 2pm – All Family Trunk or Treat; Chili Cook Off
- November 11th, 6pm-7pm – Jr Youth Group (grades 2-5)
- November 18th, 5pm –All Family Friendsgiving
- December 2nd, 5pm – Advent Dinner
- December 8th, 5:30pm -Nativity Night
- December 9th, 4pm – Caroling at Masonic Village followed by Christmas party at NWPC
Kid’s Mission Projects
We also believe in getting our children started early with serving Christ by providing opportunities for them to be part of the Mission program. These opportunities for mission help our children to understand how Jesus’ teachings are put into action. Below are some projects our children will be part of.
- Each Christmas season we choose a charitable organization and the Sunday School children make “Christmas in a shoebox” for children who may not otherwise receive Christmas gifts.
- Throughout the year we involve our children in several mission projects that are done in the church. They help the adults make casseroles, sort food that has been collected for various local food banks and stuff backpacks to be donated to mission organizations at the beginning of the school year.